Family Owned and Operated Since 1939
In the early 1900's there were three Coghill brothers that worked as electricians along the Indiana/Illinois railroad lines. One summer, after completing a job in Chicago, the brothers were invited to a Union barbecue and golf outing in the southwest suburbs. This was the first time the three had ever played golf and it would not be the last.
Not long after the event, the Coghills settled in Chicago and bought some land in Lemont, Illinois. Upon this land they built two golf courses, and as you might have guessed, they dubbed this playground "Cog-Hill Golf and Country Club." Family owned and operated by the Coghills for nearly half a century, the brothers sold Cog-Hill in 1950 to the Jemsek family, current owners of the establishment that is still in existence today.
While owners of Cog-Hill Golf and Country Club, the Coghill brothers decided to diversify their golf portfolio by purchasing two more courses in the early 1930s, Euclid Hills Country Club and Silver Lake Golf Club. After acquiring the two courses, Bert Coghill (Sr.) consolidated them into one golf facility named Silver Lake Country Club. Silver Lake CC would grow to become a top golf destination for midwest golfers and play host to the 1958 USGA National Public Links Tournament. With the game growing in popularity, the Coghills increased their complex from 36 holes to 45 holes with the addition of an executive 9-hole course. That course, Rolling Hills, has been named as Chicago's Top Executive Course many times over and continues to thrive today.